New City Players offers coaching to emerging actors looking for ongoing training (ages 15+), as well as seasoned actors in need of repertoire refinement and/or audition preparation. Your first session is free!
Why get an acting coach?
- Preparing for college, graduate, or professional auditions can be stressful and lonely. An acting coach that gives personal and focused attention on your audition is your best bet in securing a spot in the next cohort or landing your dream role.
- Actors need constant feedback. Assuming that you've "arrived" is a guaranteed way to stunt your growth as an artist. A perceptive acting coach will address your strengths and weaknesses and help you target areas of improvement in your craft.
- Young actors sometimes don't know where to start! Getting a role is exhilarating and challenging. A great acting coach will help you develop your own acting process, giving you a set of reliable tools to apply to every role.
Tim's coaching is for beginning and seasoned actors with emphases on 1) determining your strengths, weaknesses, and natural style, 2) helping you get the part through developing good audition habits, and 3) developing your process for creating a role. Combining principles from Practical Aesthetics with immersive physical, vocal, and psychological exercises, Tim’s goal is to see the actors he works with grow in their ability, artistry, and confidence. He holds an MA in Theatre Studies from Regent University and has directed over ten productions including Rabbit Hole and The Glass Menagerie for New City Players. For more information about Tim: timothymarkdavis.com.
"Tim skillfully pinpoints a person's strengths and draws them to the surface. He walks you through your weaknesses with patience and finds inventive ways to get past those barriers."
"I was able to get into the college of my choice with a scholarship and I can honestly say if it weren't for coaching with Tim I would not have been nearly as prepared as I was."
Private, duet, and group coaching are all available.
Sessions are typically 60 minutes but can range between 60-120 minutes depending on your preference.
The first session is free! Subsequent sessions are:
- $35/hour for private, in person coaching.
- $60/hour for duet, in person coaching.
- Group coaching (3-10 actors) rates available upon request.
To schedule an appointment please fill out the following form with the subject "Coaching." Also include a brief message describing your experience level, goals for coaching, and several meeting time options that work for your schedule.